News:  Site has moved to another host due to our old one closing down. Thank you for all your patients!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Server Variables  (Read 3946 times)
Dominator
Right Boob Of Alisa
Administrator
Admiral

• Date Registerd:July 10, 2005, 04:07:53 PM

Clan Leader

View Profile WWW
    « on: September 08, 2008, 11:57:52 AM »

Would you guys like me to change any of these, I really want to change the spy ones because its my fav class and it will give it more of an edge over the pyro whore class.

sm_cvar ai_expression_optimization "0" ~ not a locked cvar, but it is useful for server optimization change to 1 to use.
    sm_cvar net_compressionvoice "0" ~ I have this set to one for better bandwidth usage on my server.
    sm_cvar mp_waitingforplayers_time "10" ~ how long you need to "wait" for other players to join at each server round. Can't be disabled, just shortened.
    sm_cvar tf_caplinear "1" ~ set this to 0, and you won't have to capture control points in any kind of order, you still need to get them all, though.

Medic
    sm_cvar tf_max_health_boost "1.5" heals to 150%, ~ so change to 2 to make it 200% normal health.
    sm_cvar sm_cvar weapon_medigun_damage_modifier "1.5" ~ changes damage you do(1.5x normal) while being healed by a medic unaffected by crits.
    sm_cvar weapon_medigun_charge_rate "40" ~ change to a lower value to make Uber's charge faster.
    sm_cvar tf_invuln_time "1" ~ changes how long you stay invul for after an uber, "2" = twice as long.

Spy
    sm_cvar tf_spy_cloak_consume_rate "10" ~ lower to 5 to make it last twice as long.
    sm_cvar tf_spy_cloak_regen_rate "3.3" ~ change to a higher value to make it regenerate faster.
    sm_cvar tf_spy_cloak_no_attack_time "2" ~ change to 1 or 0 to shorten how long it takes to be able to attack after decloaking, 0 not recommended unless you have an "insane" modded server.

Engineer
    sm_cvar obj_dispenser_heal_rate "10" ~ still working on getting this working right...
    sm_cvar tf_sentrygun_damage "16" ~ if you change it to 32 sentries will do twice the normal amount of damage.
    sm_cvar tf_sentrygun_metal_per_shell "1" ~ how much metal costs per shell duh. changing to 0 has nasty side-affects.
    sm_cvar tf_sentrygun_metal_per_rocket "3" ~ how much metal costs per rocket duh. changing to -1 has really nasty side-affects.
    sm_cvar tf_sentrygun_newtarget_dist "300" ~ not sure if this works or not, needs more testing..
    sm_cvar tf_sentrygun_ammocheat "0" ~ changing to 1 gives sentries infinite ammo, no need to hit with wrench anymore! mix this with metal_per_etc to 0 for extra measure.
    sm_cvar obj_child_damage_factor "1" ~ the damage factor all buildings receive. set to .5 for half damage.
    sm_cvar obj_damage_factor "1" ~ not sure as to the difference between these two, so just set them both at once the same value.

Pyro
    sm_cvar tf_flamethrower_maxdamagedist "300" ~ tired of valve fucking over your Pyro's? Change this to 350 to make things more fair.

{TD}Dominator{RS} - The term Dominator generally refers to someone or something that exercises Domination.

Crit Goes Where?!?
    (It goes in Dom's Butt)
    Retired Member
    General of the Air Force

• Date Registerd:August 12, 2008, 12:32:08 PM

Well hey buddy. You ok?

View Profile
    « Reply #1 on: September 08, 2008, 12:04:00 PM »

I really think trying these out would be good.  Just don't know if they'll throw off the balance though

Dominator
    Right Boob Of Alisa
    Administrator
    Admiral

Clan Leader

View Profile WWW
    « Reply #2 on: September 08, 2008, 12:07:38 PM »

thats what I'm afraid of as well, I don't think the spy one would throw it of to much since the plugin I have to give spys more cloak time after they make a kill doesnt add to much and also pyro's can just cough to set one on fire.  I think it will make the game more interesting for spy's to really get behind enemy lines and good players like us already check for that so the spy class is kinda boring.  Also spy's arent really a threat to engines compared so someone uberd unless they know how to take out an engie and their builds like me and kenyan know how to, but still theres always something there to fuck your day........

{TD}Dominator{RS} - The term Dominator generally refers to someone or something that exercises Domination.

*Kajisan*
    Misses the Point
    Gunnery Sergeant

• Date Registerd:June 26, 2008, 11:54:41 AM

View Profile WWW
    « Reply #3 on: September 08, 2008, 12:54:24 PM »

i agree with you Dom, bump up spy a little!  :cool:

Boba fett
    « Reply #4 on: September 08, 2008, 01:12:23 PM »

Yea agreed. But I play mostly pyro. (Trigger happy pyro) So spy still die went I meet them. Also I kicked a douchebag yesterday, he was saying that I was hacking has a enginer. Being a good engi, I set a sentry, Dispenser and teleport, and after go Offense. (As defender On 3rd dustbowl point. ) I found out that the shotgun Is a VERY GOOD weapons against everyone. And the engi and pyro Are well suited to USE the shotgun. And the pistol with 200 ammo, well its good for long range. So for me, I think that the
    ENGINER Is one of the best class. With no sentry, Its still badass. People often see me and do like WTF! A enginer runned into me and killed me! I also Shoot everyone AND shoot when I think I am hearing a spy walking, SO I kill many cloaked spy. That douchebag was also saying things like:    Oh, my team suck. I am always on the looser team, My team is bad. This server suck.    On another note: HE was the one with less point on his team.
    Stobbin
    Old Pervert
    Retired Member
    General of the Air Force

• Date Registerd:January 11, 2008, 05:26:03 PM

Peekaboo

View Profile
    « Reply #5 on: September 08, 2008, 01:45:30 PM »

sm_cvar mp_waitingforplayers_time "10" ~ how long you need to "wait" for other players to join at each server round. Can't be disabled, just shortened.

But can it be lengthened?  Some people take minutes to join and miss the setup time completely.  30 seconds is good, a minute might be better.
    ------------
    sm_cvar sm_cvar weapon_medigun_damage_modifier "1.5" ~ changes damage you do(1.5x normal) while being healed by a medic unaffected by crits.

50% increase is a little much...  how about 1.1 = 10%
    ------------
    sm_cvar obj_child_damage_factor "1" ~ the damage factor all buildings receive. set to .5 for half damage.

Can you set this to 1.2?  or can you only reduce damage?  With our 0 respawn time, some maps are nearly impossible with 3 sentries.
    -------------
    I like ALL the other ones.

Alfalfa
    Negative Nancy
    Clan Member
    General of the Air Force

• Date Registerd:March 18, 2008, 05:20:20 PM

Is awesome and smells good

View Profile
    « Reply #6 on: September 08, 2008, 02:40:06 PM »

Sound good.

Quote from: Stobbin
    I've got to agree with Alfalfa on this.
    Kelreth
    Master Poster
    Clan Member
    Major

• Date Registerd:August 03, 2008, 02:28:42 PM

View Profile
    « Reply #7 on: September 08, 2008, 02:49:27 PM »

I think the allow all points to be captured at any time would ruin the game on some levels. The levels are made to be taken sequentially. Dustbowl for example, if a spy takes teh 2nd point as the 1st point is under fire, the round will be over quickly as the first point typically falls easily to a few ubers and explosives

can we not fuck with the settings? the server is fun as is

if you are going to implement it at least please do not have the one that causes more damage if you are being healed by a medic, that would be grossly unnecessary and make ubers that much more a pain in the ass

Usually a TD member has a shitload of hours logged and an unhealthy amount of suicides.
    Boba fett
    « Reply #8 on: September 08, 2008, 03:43:10 PM »

yea
    Kenyan Bee Thief
    Master Poster
    Captain

• Date Registerd:March 23, 2008, 10:59:17 PM

View Profile
    « Reply #9 on: September 08, 2008, 05:41:06 PM »

This is a slippery slope, any changes you make should be done one at a time and slowly to ensure you don't lose players.

I like spy myself, but one of the things I like is that you have to overcome your weaknesses.  Not to mention, pyros are supposed to counter spies.

Boosting things like the medic seems like a good idea to me, though.  Just listen to Stobbin, he's dead on with his comment.

Awesome sig courtesy of Dom
    Stobbin
    Old Pervert
    Retired Member
    General of the Air Force

Peekaboo

View Profile
    « Reply #10 on: September 08, 2008, 05:46:14 PM »

My ears are burning.

I just lit a q-tip on fire.

Boba fett
    « Reply #11 on: September 08, 2008, 05:57:27 PM »

ouch! That goota hurt?
    Mushroom3691
    « Reply #12 on: September 08, 2008, 08:09:24 PM »

I don't know, I'd rather wait for the spy's update to come out before we screw around with stuff.

I like it the way it is.
    Kelreth
    Master Poster
    Clan Member
    Major

View Profile
    « Reply #13 on: September 09, 2008, 09:31:20 AM »

ya please dont make spys kick ass or pyros suck just becuase pyros are supposed to kill spys

i know some people are dicks as pyros hunting spys or just burning constantly, but thats what pyros do

to me that is boring, i prefer to go out and hunt people

Usually a TD member has a shitload of hours logged and an unhealthy amount of suicides.
    Fenriswolf
    Master Poster
    2nd Lieutenant

• Date Registerd:June 20, 2008, 09:17:22 PM

View Profile
    « Reply #14 on: September 11, 2008, 04:50:47 PM »

Keep it as it is.  Changing the game is a bad idea, so dont do it. save that stuff for fun night and test server.   Should deffinantly do it on fun night

YOU ARE THE BEST CALLER!
    Dominator
    Right Boob Of Alisa
    Administrator
    Admiral

Clan Leader

View Profile WWW
    « Reply #15 on: October 15, 2008, 09:48:58 PM »

Guys check this out, I found more control varibles to change the game play around, right now im working on fixing the teleporter mod!

sm_cvar tf_teleporter_fov_time .1

but heres the link

https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=72608

Alfalfa
    Negative Nancy
    Clan Member
    General of the Air Force

View Profile
    « Reply #16 on: October 16, 2008, 08:00:40 AM »

Heavy should be invincable when having his fists out.

Hollow
    « Reply #17 on: October 28, 2008, 11:04:31 AM »

i like the spy changes too, we should try the 200% healing for medic and infinite ammo for sentrygun.
    Kelreth
    Master Poster
    Clan Member
    Major

View Profile
    « Reply #18 on: October 28, 2008, 11:10:30 AM »

wait what was changed with the spy?

Crit Goes Where?!?
    (It goes in Dom's Butt)
    Retired Member
    General of the Air Force

Well hey buddy. You ok?

View Profile
    « Reply #19 on: October 28, 2008, 11:23:07 AM »

I really think the no_attack_time should be 1 and some combination of the other spy ones would be good, but not both.  Spy was insanely easy when all three were changed

Stobbin
    Old Pervert
    Retired Member
    General of the Air Force

Peekaboo

View Profile
    « Reply #20 on: October 28, 2008, 08:48:54 PM »

Uncloak and recloak should never be set to zero.  I'm sure the red team with 7 spies was having a blast tonight, but the blue team was unbelievably screwed.  I was being fatally stabbed (mostly in the face) without ever having a chance to defend myself in time.

Alfalfa
    Negative Nancy
    Clan Member
    General of the Air Force

View Profile
    « Reply #21 on: October 28, 2008, 09:18:47 PM »

Agreed.

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCKKKKKK.

DickTater
    Master Baiter
    Clan Member
    General of the Air Force

• Date Registerd:July 22, 2005, 08:23:12 PM

Attic {RoD}

View Profile WWW
    « Reply #22 on: October 29, 2008, 12:25:21 PM »

honestly, idc... i can live with overpowered anybodies, im just not into complaining a lot anymore
    but i do see where it can get ridiculous, just try and balance it the best you can, Dom.. but as someone has already said:
    make the changes over time so that people will get accustomed to them and maybe be able to voice their like or
    dislike for a change

Kelreth
    Master Poster
    Clan Member
    Major

View Profile
    « Reply #23 on: October 29, 2008, 05:27:24 PM »

IF spys have 0 time for decloack, clock

I'm pyro spamming

DickTater
    Master Baiter
    Clan Member
    General of the Air Force

Attic {RoD}

View Profile WWW
    « Reply #24 on: October 29, 2008, 05:55:45 PM »

lol, thats wat people did on tuesday, it was hilarious watching pyros flip their shit XD

Kelreth
    Master Poster
    Clan Member
    Major

View Profile
    « Reply #25 on: October 29, 2008, 06:18:30 PM »

fuck it spys had that power, i would just hide somewhere as a pyro or stand by a dispenser and spin

Crit Goes Where?!?
    (It goes in Dom's Butt)
    Retired Member
    General of the Air Force

Well hey buddy. You ok?

View Profile
    « Reply #26 on: October 29, 2008, 08:21:40 PM »

You'd be easy pray for "Death from Above".

Kelreth
    Master Poster
    Clan Member
    Major

View Profile
    « Reply #27 on: October 29, 2008, 11:29:56 PM »

Then I would wander away and play Spore or play as a Spy and just hide somewhere

Suicidal Kal
    Informant
    Sergeant

• Date Registerd:February 23, 2009, 06:01:19 AM

View Profile WWW
    « Reply #28 on: March 11, 2009, 05:28:02 PM »

I agree with dom on this one, i think the spy should be altered. I suck as spy but the spy does need an advantage over the pyro somehow. I say leave the stab rate and upgrade the cloak time.

Luko
    Incognito
    Sergeant Major

• Date Registerd:December 15, 2008, 01:46:13 AM

View Profile
    « Reply #29 on: March 12, 2009, 01:29:22 AM »

Quote from: Suicidal Kal
    I agree with dom on this one

If I had a nickel for ever time I heard that...
    I'd have 5 cents.

Dominator
    Right Boob Of Alisa
    Administrator
    Admiral

Clan Leader

View Profile WWW
    « Reply #30 on: March 12, 2009, 10:10:32 AM »

I agree with me on this one

DickTater
    Master Baiter
    Clan Member
    General of the Air Force

Attic {RoD}

View Profile WWW
    « Reply #31 on: March 12, 2009, 10:17:55 AM »

lol bump

LiquidSnake
    Mute
    TD Administrator
    General of the Air Force

• Date Registerd:July 20, 2005, 10:14:03 PM

View Profile
    « Reply #32 on: March 12, 2009, 10:57:20 AM »

Quote from: Luko
    Quote from: Suicidal Kal
    I agree with dom on this one

If I had a nickel for ever time I heard that...
    I'd tickle a pickle

:- O <===============================================================================================================================8:- O
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  order now and you can suck my dick                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              
    Pages: [1]   Go Up
    Print
    Jump to: