News:  Site has moved to another host due to our old one closing down. Thank you for all your patients!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Half-Life 2: Episode Three : What do YOU think should/will happen?  (Read 1042 times)
salmonilla
« on: February 17, 2009, 03:39:08 PM »

Here's what's certain:

1. Gordon will, of course, be kicking major ass.

2. Alyx won't be as level-headed as usual, because her father just died (or is an unstable living state.)

3. The footage of the Borealis gave us a teaser of what's going to happen. Obviously, Ep.3 will be taking place partly, if not wholly, on the dreaded Aperture Science vessel, possible involving some sort of Portal gun halfway through the Episode...and you will be killing lots of Combine...and even more zombies....mmm...brains...

4. We will finally get to fight Advisors, perhaps with the tool we will get on the Borealis, Portal gun or no Portal gun. These battles will probably require a lot of skill and may be near impossible to beat in HARD mode.

5. D.O.G. may play a bigger part in this one, seeing as the Advisors do not affect him: perhaps he will be fighting alongside you (that would be awesome.)

6. You will definatly be driving some sort of vehicle (following the tradition of HL2 and Ep.2, perhaps the chopper that takes you to the Borealis.)

7. The G-Man will be a central character in this one. He is close to what he wants and will 'help' Gordon at any cost to get what he wants. Maybe we'll get to see a bit of what the G-Man is and where he came from/is from.

Things that are less certain:

1. Eli may not be dead. Sure, he's lost a lot of blood...and is brainwashed...but there is a possibility that he somehow survived the Advisor attack (however slim the possibility is.)

2. We might get a new weapon: possibly some type of Portal gun, who knows?

3. The Heavy from TF2 could have a small cameo, again...who knows?

4. Or the Sandvich...

5. There may be less help (i.e. expendable crewman). The Borealis is unstable: the less the better.

6. The whole Gordon+Alyx relationship might become more pronounced: maybe it will have developed between the gap of Ep.2 and Ep.3.

7. We might finally get some opening-L4D-movie-type-cutscenes (obviously not involving Gordon.) That would be nice, because now we know that Valve can pull it off (if you don't know what I mean, open L4D and watch the opening movie, moron...)

That's pretty much all I've come up with. Please share your thoughts and ideas/theories as to what might happen. I look forward to hearing them.

~Salm?n(illa)...don't eat me...
Dominator
Right Boob Of Alisa
Administrator
Admiral

• Date Registerd:July 10, 2005, 04:07:53 PM

Clan Leader

View Profile WWW
    « Reply #1 on: February 17, 2009, 03:57:32 PM »

Gordon Freeman and Aylx get drunk and screw each other.

{TD}Dominator{RS} - The term Dominator generally refers to someone or something that exercises Domination.

Undakada (UOM)
    Clan Weeabo
    Clan Member
    Captain

• Date Registerd:August 14, 2008, 09:14:50 AM

Undakada, undakada unyuunya harrete horette hirena

View Profile WWW
    « Reply #2 on: February 17, 2009, 04:02:13 PM »

Quote from: sallymonia
    portal gun

that's another game

Quote from: Undakada (UOM)
    Stu
    Master Derp
    Clan Member
    Colonel

• Date Registerd:July 29, 2008, 04:36:24 PM

By 2050, 98% of our hurr will be durr.

View Profile
    « Reply #3 on: February 17, 2009, 04:10:43 PM »

If ep 3 has cutscenes in it, i will kill myself.

Edit, i reckon ep 3 will tie up the loose ends from the other games, but then create a fuck-load more as a reason to spin out another HL game.
    That said, i cant wait to see how the story goes after ep 2....

StaFForD
    Clan Hobo
    TD Administrator
    Admiral

• Date Registerd:July 11, 2005, 05:42:22 AM

Fist Da Bitch!

View Profile
    « Reply #4 on: February 17, 2009, 04:21:18 PM »

UOM, Aperture Science and the Half-Life series are going to be tied together in Episode 3, so a portal gun isnt out of the question

Quote from: Dominator
    Gordon Freeman and Aylx get drunk and screw each other.

x2

Also after Episode 3 I think they are going to make Half-Life 3

xfreak341xx
    Verbacious Idiot
    Sergeant Major

• Date Registerd:November 19, 2008, 08:22:20 PM

View Profile WWW
    « Reply #5 on: February 17, 2009, 04:44:13 PM »

all i gotta say is WHERE IS BARNEY

Alfalfa
    Negative Nancy
    Clan Member
    General of the Air Force

• Date Registerd:March 18, 2008, 05:20:20 PM

Is awesome and smells good

View Profile
    « Reply #6 on: February 17, 2009, 04:46:25 PM »

Quote from: StaFForD
    UOM, Aperture Science and the Half-Life series are going to be tied together in Episode 3, so a portal gun isnt out of the question

1. Yes it is. Even though Portal and Half-life are in the same universe they are still TWO DIFFERENT GAMES. If they do, by the time they release Portal 2 everyone will be sick of portals. Just cause they are in the same universe and Episode 3 ties them in doesn't mean Gordon will get it. Why don't we give Chell the Gravity Gun?

2. The Half-life 2 Episodes ARE like Half-life 3 as stated in the commentary

I personally think Adrian Shephard will be back and team up with Gordon fuck yeah.

Quote from: Stobbin
    I've got to agree with Alfalfa on this.
    StaFForD
    Clan Hobo
    TD Administrator
    Admiral

Fist Da Bitch!

View Profile
    « Reply #7 on: February 17, 2009, 05:00:51 PM »

Quote from: Alfalfa
    Quote from: StaFForD

1. Yes it is. Even though Portal and Half-life are in the same universe they are still TWO DIFFERENT GAMES. If they do, by the time they release Portal 2 everyone will be sick of portals. Just cause they are in the same universe and Episode 3 ties them in doesn't mean Gordon will get it. Why don't we give Chell the Gravity Gun?

2. The Half-life 2 Episodes ARE like Half-life 3 as stated in the commentary

I personally think Adrian Shephard will be back and team up with Gordon fuck yeah.

1. I never said that it was GOING to happen, all I said was its not out of the question due to the only thing Aperture Science has IS the portal gun, so Freeman might not get to use the portal gun, but it still might be in the plot somehow.

2. Yes, the commentary states that the CREATION of the HL2 episodes are LIKE creating a new game, they are still named HL2: Episode # and I cant see them going too far on that naming scheme which means coming out with a HL3 very soon is more likely than and Episode 4

Stobbin
    Old Pervert
    Retired Member
    General of the Air Force

• Date Registerd:January 11, 2008, 05:26:03 PM

Peekaboo

View Profile
    « Reply #8 on: February 17, 2009, 05:20:12 PM »

Cutscenes:  Valve HATES taking control away from the player to tell the story.  There will be no cutscenes.  Episode 2 only had a cinematic to catch people up on stuff that already happened.  Left 4 Dead has one, but its completely unnecessary.

Barney was fighting with the resistance for (more than) a week before Gordon showed up again and stormed the Citadel, so Valve decided that Barney needed a vacation.  G-man is voiced by the same guy, so he'll be back eventually.

The Borealis has some mighty technology.  Portals?  I'm guessing not.  Aperture Science and Black Mesa were competing for government moolah, so their research was similar.  This leads me to think that they've developed some kind of tech that phases matter.  The Borealis is stuck halfway inside an ice shelf, it was "lost", and nobody knows how it got there.  Here's to hoping that the supercomputer in charge of it got wind of an alien invasion and forced the experiment into overdrive.  Then said supercomputer went fucking crazy and is now killing everything and everyone to protect it.

GUNS!: There's lots and lots of ice where Gordon, Alyx, Dog, and Judith Mossman are going.  I want a plasma gun dammit.  Lemme melt shit!  No portal gun please.  Portals completely ruin Half-Life, as it makes every puzzle/level/fight far too easy.

And the ending?  G-man will be extremely pleased that Gordon activated the technology aboard the Borealis and say his contract is complete.  Time to sleep Mr. Gordon... until Half Life 3.

salmonilla
    « Reply #9 on: February 17, 2009, 05:29:04 PM »

Out of all the possibles that people have posted, Dom's made the most sense...
    Stobbin
    Old Pervert
    Retired Member
    General of the Air Force

• Date Registerd:January 11, 2008, 05:26:03 PM

Peekaboo

View Profile
    « Reply #10 on: February 17, 2009, 05:48:09 PM »

I always assumed Gordon and Alyx would get down with the swirl.

Mr.MiYuggi
    Wax on, Whacks off
    Clan Member
    Colonel

• Date Registerd:November 17, 2008, 04:04:41 PM

DOMINATOR!!!!!!

View Profile WWW
    « Reply #11 on: February 17, 2009, 06:24:54 PM »

yeah it's about time they do, right?

Stu
    Master Derp
    Clan Member
    Colonel

View Profile
    « Reply #12 on: February 18, 2009, 04:46:24 AM »

Also i reckon valve are reading all the discussions about ep3, to make sure that whatever goes in the game hasn't ever been suggested just to throw us off.

Genesis
    « Reply #13 on: July 01, 2009, 07:48:09 AM »

in 2007, Gabe Newell said in an interview they have the whole storyline done, they just need to make a few (rofl) adjustments to it. :/
    « Reply #14 on: July 11, 2009, 12:31:20 PM »

Barney Dies.

95% Sure.
    Stu
    Master Derp
    Clan Member
    Colonel

View Profile
    « Reply #15 on: July 11, 2009, 02:32:32 PM »

No he doesnt, your mother dies.

Wudz
    Active
    Airman Second Class

• Date Registerd:May 28, 2009, 11:38:51 PM

You'll realize that "Hey, I don't give a fuck."

View Profile
    « Reply #16 on: July 11, 2009, 09:39:19 PM »

I'm thinking that the boat thing they're going to, the Aurora Borealis or whatever, is going to have something to do with portals. Since it was Aperture's boat and they were shipping stuff and it just kind of got lost, I'm assuming portal technology has something to do with it. When Gordon and whoever else get there, they activate it and it gets portaled to Xen or wherever the Combine are from and bam there we go.

Crit Goes Where?!?
    (It goes in Dom's Butt)
    Retired Member
    General of the Air Force

• Date Registerd:August 12, 2008, 12:32:08 PM

Well hey buddy. You ok?

View Profile
    « Reply #17 on: July 12, 2009, 12:29:18 PM »

Dunno what'll happen in the next one, but it sure is fun to pretend this is happening in the meantime.

http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=3C5688A347B40D17&search_query=vae+victis

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fbtW5z-YajQ

Although I do hate to give validity to Default's statement.  Only thing I don't like is that they left out Barney's humor.

StaFForD
    Clan Hobo
    TD Administrator
    Admiral

Fist Da Bitch!

View Profile
    « Reply #18 on: July 12, 2009, 01:45:09 PM »

pretty sweet videos

salmonilla
    « Reply #19 on: July 16, 2009, 10:34:03 PM »

man. i haven't been here in a while.
    nice setup.
    i'm not sure what will happen or what i thought would happen to begin with.
    i'd just like them to get off their lazy asses and MAKE THE GAME...
    ...instead of wasting time on Left 5 Dead.
    Pages: [1]   Go Up
    Print
    Jump to: